Yes, you read it right. If you can make candied fruit with refined white sugar, you can make a sugar-free candied grapes recipe too!
These are great on a dessert menu or to serve guests as an after-dinner sweet treat. It’s got natural sugar – fructose – from the fruit, but at least it’s not refine white sugar. So, it’s lower on the Glycaemic Index.
Plus, this sugar-free Candied Grapes recipe uses Xylitol granules, making it diabetic friendly. You also have the option of using Erythritol sweetener instead, which is equally safe for diabetics. Or if you just prefer to go sugar-free as part of a weight-loss eating plan.
We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
- Reduce anxiety with these deep-sleep bedtime drinks
- Sugar cravings – How to reduce or eliminate it
- 25 Weight-loss Snacks You’ll Crave
Allergens in grapes
Again, be mindful of the natural sugars in grapes. They also have a moderate amount of amines and salicylates – natural allergens – so if you are allergic to these, you may need to avoid this sweet treat.
But if you’re not, here’s why grapes are great to include in your list of weight-loss snacks. It’s high in antioxidants. It can help alleviate constipation because fiber increases the rate of movement of stools in the colon.
Benefits of sugar-free candies grapes
Grapes are a natural source of the sleep-promoting compound Melatonin. Important to consider rest, relaxation, and suppressing the release of cortisol – the hormone we associate with stress and possible weight gain.
Sugar-free Candied Grapes recipe:
Sugar-free Candied Grapes
2 cups of fresh grapes – green ones work the best
1.25 cup of Xylitol sweetener in granule form
Juice of 1 lime
- Line a baking sheet with a silicon baking sheet
- Wash, rinse, and pat the grapes dry with a paper towel
- Put the grapes into a glass bowl and pour over the fresh lime juice
- Toss to coat the grapes with the lime juice
- Let it rest in the fridge to absorb the juice for flavor. 15 minutes will do it
- In another glass bowl pour in the sweetener granules
- Pour in the grapes and toss around with a spoon to coat each grape. Make sure each grape is coated evenly – looks better
- Now arrange each grape onto the baking sheet, with enough space between them
- Carefully place into the freezer for 2-4 hours
- Once time has lapsed, remove and enjoy.
- Best eaten immediately. But will last in the fridge for up to 4 days – I doubt they’ll last that long! Keeps in the freezer for up to 3 months, in a sealed container to avoid freezer burn.
If you liked this recipe post, you’ll love this article about How to make your meals healthier at home.
Feel free to leave a comment below, all feedback is most welcome!